Suddenly it’s May YIKES! Where did the time go? I didn’t realize I hadn’t posted since April 16th, SAY WHAT?! Hmm what have I been up to since them…
- April 17th – Thursday night dinner was at a new restaurant in town called The Boathouse. Sara and I have been going out to eat ever Thursday night with two of her coworkers (except the past two Thursdays because people were busy). OH BOY was it delicious, we started off with some guac which we quickly devoured. Three out of four of us ordered the crab cake sandwich for dinner and it was perfect, served on a potato roll. I hate when rolls are too big. I was SO FULL when our waiter asked if we wanted dessert, but for some reason a cookie cooked in a skillet seemed to be what I wanted. Luckily Carolyn was willing to split one with me so I didn’t feel disgusting when we left.
- April 18th – Friday morning I caught a flight to Hartford to spend the weekend in CT for Easter. I hadn’t seen my mom’s side of the family since last summer so it was long over due. My grandmother picked me up from the airport and we spent the day relaxing before going to Good Friday mass and then out to dinner.
- April 19th – Oh what a day. Saturday started off with some manicures and then a much needed haircut. I spent the rest of the day napping before heading to dinner with my grandmother and two uncles for one of their birthdays. While we were at dinner my mom texted me and told me they had to make a pit stop at the hospital for one of my brothers. I told her I would pick up my youngest brother if they were going to be there for a long time. Well two hours later and I was picking Michael up an hour away. I sat with Thomas while my mom changed out of the clothes she had been wearing all day since she was wearing clothes she wore to a funeral. Thankfully Thomas was alright he just had a sinus infection behind his eye ball, I’m not quite sure how that works, but it sounds like it hurts.
- April 20 – EASTER! I spent the day with family doing what families do best, having fun, laughing, and playing pick up basketball.
- April 21 – I took the day off of work to make my long weekend extra long and I am glad I did. I had the day to relax and do absolutely nothing. I had an afternoon flight and Sara picked me up at the airport after she got off work. Her client was right down the road from the airport so it worked out really well. I treated Sara to dinner out since she picked me up. We went to a new to us bar and it was eh. It won’t be the first place I go back to, but I would be willing to give it another shot.
- April 22-24 boring work week. It’s rough getting back into it after a little break. Especialy when everyone else has a day on you.
- April 25th – It was Friday again and my grandparents were in town! I was so excited to have them here, I haven’t seen them since Christmas so it was nice to have a visit. They are the first of my family to see my house so it was really special (except for my aunt and uncle who live near by). Unfortunately we had the hardest time finding parking for them and our power was out. Our power hasn’t gone out since we moved it so it was the worst. We enjoyed a dinner out on the town and enjoyed catching up. I can’t wait to be home soon to see them again.
- April 26th – A nice long walk along the water, a trip to DSW, and the rest of a Saturday spent relaxing.
- April 27th – One of the most productive days ever. Our Sunday started out with breakfast at one of our old college favorite bagel places. We didn’t own a vacuum (yeah we are gross) so we decided to stop at Target and get one after breakfast. We found a good quality one on sale so it was a win win. After target we were off to Petsmart to find food for the cat. After finding out Sara had to have the vet fax the cat’s prescription we left empty handed. I told Sara when we woke up that I would accompany her to the barn because I hadn’t been in a while and then we wouldn’t have to come home after breakfast. I helped Sara get GiGi ready and then I hopped on her for some walking around. That is about all I can handle, I can’t seem to get the leg action down, maybe one day. After the barn we made one more stop for errands and then it was home. We spent the rest of the day cleaning our house and boy did it feel good. Sometimes you just need a good deep clean.
- April 28th-April 30th – Just your typical work week. Nothing special going on, except I signed up for a softball league, but more on that later.
Well not your typical Marvelous Monday, but I felt the need to catch up. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal blogging soon (you know three times a week…if that).