Yikes, two days in a row of a missed workout. I had all intentions to run last night when I got home, but instead my parents had dinner plans and I hopped on that. Who can pass up Flatbread pizza?! Then I planned to get up early and run today. That also did not happen. It was cold and I didn’t feel like wheezing during my tooth extraction. Yes that is right tooth extraction, I got a wisdom tooth removed today! It happened so fast I was shocked, I couldn’t get over the fact that it took less than half an hour. They also told me I wasn’t allowed to run after so I am on “bed rest.” My next run is supposed to happen on Saturday and I still plan to do that. I am so happy to be home for Easter!
Today I got up, enjoyed a cup of coffee and then decided to get my workout in for the day. On the agenda was a 30 minute workout from the NTC app. Usually I listen to music while I workout, but I decided to put on a show on Hulu and multitask. I had an assignment due in my advertising class about commercials during tv shows so I figured when is a better time.
I completed the Get Strong Beginner workout that was titled Total Adrenaline. It wasn’t too bad, and it involved using the weights I keep in my room. I only have 8 pound weights in my room and was afraid they would be too much. I pushed through and it was fine, felt good to lift some weights. Tomorrow is supposed to be another run, but I am driving home. Hoping to get home with enough sunlight to still run, just an easy 2 miles.
You know how I said in my weekend roundup I headed to bed early on Sunday so I could get up and run Monday morning?! Well that all changed when I rolled over in bed on Monday morning and found lots of snow on the ground and still falling from the sky. There was NO way I was running outside and after my not so awesome time spent on the treadmill on Saturday I knew I wouldn’t be running at the gym either.
I decided to just skip my workout completely for the day, maybe I will make it up at the end of the week. It doesn’t bother me whether I do or don’t.
So normally I would be doing my weekend round ups on Mondays, but this week it’s on a Tuesday!
- I spent the afternoon napping (my once a month meeting was cancelled) and then tagging along with Mary to do some shopping. She needed stuff for her Best Buddies group and I needed stuff for my Senior 50s costume. OH EM GEE graduation is in 50 days…SAY WHATTTT. I am ready, but not ready…ekkk
- I was supposed to go out to dinner with my small staff, but earlier that morning plans changed. Instead Mary and I decided to go out to dinner. We actually ended up going to the place I was supposed to go with my staff, and it was delicious. We got tater tots to split and THEY WERE SO GOOD! We demolished them and probably could have eaten more.
- Duty called, and by that I mean duty as in I was on duty. I wasn’t supposed to be on a weekend night again until the middle of April, but one of my friends wanted the night off because her friend was visiting. I took this as an opportunity to get my last weekend duty out of the way and now I won’t be on duty for a late night again until FINALS! It feeeeels gooooood!
- I always like when I am on duty on the weekends because I get a lot accomplished. Tonight I did a load of laundry, took out my trash, folded my laundry, and did A LOT of homework. I have a test on Monday and as much as I feel pretty good about it, I still started studying on Friday.
- Started off with a trip to the gym for 2 miles and stretching workout.
- Then a trip to an apartment for an open house. My future roommate and I are starting to get serious about finding somewhere to live so we went to an open house. It had its pros and cons and by no means did we make any decisions on Saturday, we still need to see more places.
- After the open house I needed a nap in preparation for a long night celebrating 50 days until graduation!! The theme was “S is for Seniors” I went back and forth between so many different options before pulling out the extreme nerd in me and going as SOX. For those unfamiliar with accounting terms…Sarbanes Oxley! I dressed as a nerd and safety pinned the letters to my back. I wore suspenders and they made me look like I was with child, do not worry, I am not. Also Mary and I have a problem with taking selfies.
- I spent the night celebrating with all my friends and couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend 50 days until graduation, I have some of the best friend ever 🙂 I didn’t end up going out after the party, and instead was asleep before 12:3o and it was glorious.
- Sunday was spent studying my buns off for my accounting test on Monday and Tuesday. We got our grades on Friday and I couldn’t have been more happy. Last year I had to drop this very same teacher and I am doing SO much better. New year new me?!
- I ended up waking up at 8:15am so instead of attempting to sleep later I just got up and studied, but by the time 3pm came I was more than ready for a nap. After my nap I went to grab dinner with Meredith and then it was back to studying.
- For some reason I was tired all day so at 9pm I finished studying for the night, watched revenge and went to bed early. I had plans to be up early for a run and studying before my class.
We woke up bright and early the last Sunday of our cruise. We were in the second wave of people to get off the boat so we needed to eat breakfast quick. When we got to our bags mine was missing, go figure. The Carnival people kept trying to tell me I didn’t put a tag on my bag or it was there. No it was not. Then about 10 minutes later after searching for my bag they finally rolled it in on another cart. Time to get in line. We waited in line for ehh fifteen minutes before we finally got to the front, handed in our customs forms and made our way to the transport shuttle. A short and informative shuttle ride back we made it to the airport. I turned my phone on and was surprised by some text messages I had received. After having a mild panic attack and getting things straightened out I was making my way through security. Who by the way was no the kindest people in the world. We were a couple of hours early for our flight so we sat around talking about the cruise while discussing what we all had to do the next week. Lucky for us it was also Mary’s birthday so we tried to enjoy our travel time as much as possible. Maggie was a great friend and bought Mary a coke for her birthday (she is obsessed and didn’t have any while we were on the cruise). I went to get Starbucks and they made my order wrong so Mary also got a free hazelnut macchiato.
After some cartwheels in the airport we were getting ready to board our plane! I tried to sleep as much as possible, but it felt like the longest flight of my life. A half hour late we landed and headed to baggage claim. Some old guy was rude to us and then we got our bags. Mary’s roommates had planned to get us all dinner at a local Mexican place so we could all celebrate her birthday a little longer. We were almost back to school and I got a text message from one of her roommates asking us to drive slow they weren’t ready. Knowing we were all exhausted already I racked my brain for ways to stall. Instead of being dropped off and then walking over to her house I asked them to wait so I could get back in the car. I knew Mary would be pissed, but I started to unpack and had a conversation with someone. After about 10 minutes I knew I couldn’t hold her off anymore and headed out to the car. We dropped off Jenn and I texted Maggie to take her time when she dropped her stuff off we still needed to stall. FINALLY we were able to come back. A cranky Mary (who I don’t blame at all) was more than ready to get back home. Lucky for us she waited in the car while Maggie, Jenn, and I hurried in the house. Her roommates had made a surprise cake and decorated the whole house. When she walked in the door was all yelled surprise and she loved it. Her roommates made her a cute dessert that was “paradise” themed because we had just left paradise. After dinner, dessert, and a drink I was more than ready to head home and pass out. Unpacking did not happen…for a week. I’m glad I could share my cruise experience and can’t wait to go on another one!!!