All over the blog world Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer is popping up. Basically it is a twelve week program that focuses on building and strengthening your muscles. I have been going to the gym at least three times a week with my roommate Mary recently and plan on continuing with this. Currently three days a week is all I can fit in my schedule so its better than nothing!
Today I wasn’t in the mood to run considering I ran 3.1 miles on Monday and my legs were tired. I decided I needed something new, something different, something that got my muscles popping. I needed a strength workout, I needed to be lifting. This was always something I loved about bootcamp because I always could see the most improvement with the muscles I was working to build. I never saw the abs, the arms though that is what I saw the most change in.
So today I took the plunge and decide to do Day 1. I am not going to follow the eating plan, even though I should, because I like the food I already eat too much. Today’s workout looked a little like this:
Wide Push-ups –> 3×12
Bench Chest Presses –> 3×12
Bench Cable Flyers –> 3×12
Narrow Push-ups –> 3×12
Tricep Extensions –> 3×12
Tricep Push-downs –> 3×12
After each rep you were supposed to wait a minute, but I tend to get impatient and didn’t always wait the entire minute. Other than that I only varied from the workout a little with the bench exercises. I didn’t have a bench to use so I just laid on the ground and did the best I could. I enjoyed the workout and now my arms feel like jello. I am looking forward to continuing this workout for a while, whether it be everyday or whenever I am in the need for a strength workout. Hopefully I continue my streak at the FAC and maybe I’ll have a Michael Phelps siting, although we aren’t allowed to use our phones anymore in the gym.
My life has been a bowl full of crazy for the past couple of weeks and I haven’t been around much. Hopefully that is all about to change. As the cruel Jenn pointed out, I hadn’t posted since Jan. 6th! That is a long time, but now I am back at school and once I get back on a schedule I will be blogging regularly again, at least I hope so! So for now I leave you a fun survey I found on Katelyn’s Blog!
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
- If it is in the winter: at the ski mountain. If it is in the summer: at the beach. If it is any other time: at home reading a good book!!
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Rookie Blue
- Gilmore Girls
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
- I would definitely rather take them. I am not the most photogenic person I know.
4) Why do you blog?
- It is a break from my day, I enjoy writing for pleasure, it is an outlet for myself, and I like to hold myself accountable (ahem those new years resolutions)
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
- Moodle (its for school)
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list, who would it be?
- It would be a friend I haven’t seen in a while!
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
- String Cheese (weird I know)
- wheat thins
- veggies and hummus
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
- I have a dog! Her name is Yuki (it means snow in Japanese or that is what the humane society told us) and she is a husky/Shepard mix!
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- a camera
- my computer
- a phone
10) What’s your favorite drink?
- depends on the time of day and what i am in the mood for. ever since college it would be coffee
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
- I do!! I love searching blogs for yummy dinner recipes, but I would rather bake.
12) Do you have children?
- HA. no.
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
- I like to read, and bake
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
- I am fairly shy when I first meet people, but like to believe after the initial introduction I am outgoing.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
- Have a longer torso, sounds weird but you would understand if your torso was as short as mine.
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- I am mildly obsessed with Ryan Gosling (but I mean who isn’t?) I also really like Emma Stone (I mean I was easy a for halloween)
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
- uhh go to class? go on rounds? eat?
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
- I live near my dad’s parents, his siblings leave in alaska, and semi close to my moms family (four hours away)
19) List three of your talents.
- uh i am good at math problems some times?
- i know how to ski
- i can bake
20) What is your greatest attribute?
- that i am awesome
So as you can see I was clearly bored while I took a break from my last paper for abroad and did the survey. Clearly I can’t take the time to capitalize letters that should be, my apologizes. My next post will look better!