Breckenridge Colorado

Since my last post was basically a novel on just my travel day I decided to break it up and share what we did the rest of my trip in this post (or maybe another one as well…it was seriously the best). Since I arrived on a Wednesday I knew Lacey would have to work on Thursday. Originally I was supposed to go on a hike with Buffy, but plans changed and we never ended up going. I hung out around Lacey’s house all day, basically catching up on my sleep and all the TVs shows I’ve missed since I’ve been working late. I mean I’m on vacation right, laying in bed all day is totally acceptable. When Lacey got home we went to the grocery store to buy groceries for the week and also headed to the liquor store (we spent a lot of time there this weekend…I mean it was a holiday weekend). When we got back into town we picked up her boyfriend, Trevor, and his roommate and we all went to Lacey’s to have tacos for dinner. It really hit the spot and I’m glad we had them because we all ended up going on Breck Cruisers, a biking bar crawl. It was so awesome. The theme was red, white, and blue. Of course being me I didn’t pack nearly enough red, white, and blue so I just wore the clothes I was wearing. Also I probably haven’t ridden a bike since the summer I bought my beach cruiser (yikes four years ago). I rode Lacey’s road bike and now I feel like I need one too. Anyways, back to the bar crawl, we arrived about an hour late, but still with plenty of time to hit up three of the bars on the crawl. The group was a lot of fun and we made some friends. I couldn’t believe Lacey had never been to it before and I feel like with a huge group of friends it would be so much fun.

After the biking bar crawl we went home since we knew we were going to have a big day ahead of us on Friday. Friday morning Lacey’s friend from college, Sarah, was supposed to arrive and then we were going climbing. Sarah arrived around 9 and we headed out the door. We had to hike up a bit before the rock climbing spot, I was definitely winded by the time we got up there. I had never been rock climbing on real rocks before so I was unsure if I was going to do it. After watching Trevor, Lacey, and Sarah climb I knew I needed to also. I don’t know where this fear comes from, but apparently I am afraid of heights. I made it about three quarters of the way up and then decided I wanted to come down. I think I could really enjoy the sport if I went more often, but getting used to the shoes was really hard for me. It started the rain towards the end of our time and we all decided to call it quits and head home. By the time we got home and pulled ourselves together, our friend Emily arrived and we were heading out the door to attend a cookout at someones house. We spent the rest of the night around a fire just hanging out before deciding to hit the hay so we could be rested for our 4th of July festivities.

Photo Jul 06, 12 28 12 PM

When we woke up on Saturday we made blueberry pancakes and drank mimosas, we attempted to make it to the parade, but the buses were running late and we never made it. Around noon we all headed to Trevor’s with a couple of other people. But first we needed to make a stop at the liquor store. We got to Trevor’s played some card games and drank some more mimosas before heading to a park where we could sit outside and play some out door games. Being myself, I tripped down a small hill and tore apart my ankle, whoops (4th of July = 1 Katherine = 0). We hung out at the park for a while before heading into town to grab some food at a bar. Emily and I had the nachos while Lacey and Trevor played corn hole. The nachos were delicious! After the nachos we wandered around town for a while running into people we knew and just hanging out. We eventually ended up at a bar with a fire pit and just hung out for a while which was really nice. After that we wandered around some more and around 1 headed home. We all passed out and slept like rocks.

Photo Jul 05, 2 56 59 PMPhoto Jul 04, 10 12 13 AMPhoto Jul 04, 9 58 49 AMPhoto Jul 04, 6 49 06 PMPhoto Jul 04, 4 44 56 PMPhoto Jul 04, 4 36 14 PMPhoto Jul 04, 5 57 56 PM

When we woke up on Sunday we knew we needed breakfast so we headed back into town to grab some much needed breakfast. After that we headed back to Trevor’s house and all hung out laying on the couch and playing some more card games. Around 3:30 we decided to head to the store to buy some hot dogs, corn, and pasta salad for our impromptu BBQ so Emily could say she ate a hot dog on the 4th (err 5th). After our BBQ it was time to head back into town to watch the Women’s World Cup game. We showed up 10 minutes into the game and the US had already scored two goals. Within a couple of minutes, we watched them score two more which was so crazy. We watched the whole game and I’m kind of ashamed that this was the only one I watched. After the game we were all exhausted and headed back to Lacey’s to just relax. Sarah and Emily headed home, I passed out on the couch and it was a perfect weekend. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in so long! I probably hadn’t seen Emily in close to two years and it was so great to catch up.

Photo Jul 05, 12 23 37 PMPhoto Jul 05, 12 15 52 PM

Monday I woke up, packed my things up, took a shower and waited for the bus into town. Since Lacey had to work again I decided to spend some time exploring the town at a different pace than the other days we were there. Lacey had suggested Clint’s Bakery for breakfast sandwiches so that is exactly what I did. I ordered a delicious almond joy mocha and an sausage, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel. I found a table and spent about an hour and a half eating and reading my book. It was so relaxing and so nice. After Clint’s I wandered in and out of stores trying to determine if I wanted anything. I knew I wanted a long sleeved shirt and I found I believe the perfect one. Lacey had suggested the Hat Company when I said I wanted some new rings. I was in luck and they were having a buy two, get one free so I got two new rings and a new pair of earrings. After about another hour I decided to head back to Lacey’s since it was starting to rain. I took the bus and got to see some more of Breckenridge which was awesome. It is such a neat little town and I absolutely loved my time there. I can’t wait to come back and visit again.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s