MuckFest MS

This weekend was amazing. I attended MuckFest MS in New Jersey with my roommate from college, Erin. A couple of months ago Erin sent a text to our group asking us to participate in MuckFest MS. I immediately jumped on the opportunity considering how Erin’s mom has MS and it is something that directly affects their family daily. I drove up to NJ after work on Friday and arrived around 8pm. Erin casually mentioned that our friend Jenn was 10 minutes away and I kind of brushed it off, like “oh cool Jenn lives 10 minutes away” and Erin was like no Jenn is 10 minutes away. I may have jumped with joy! Jenn arrived and we all headed to the carnival for some fried dough. UGH it was so delicious, but probably not something I should have eaten before having to run a 5k the next day. As Erin talked to every single person at the carnival Jenn and I caught up and it was wonderful. I miss living a stones throw away from all my friends 😦 . When we got back to Erin’s house, Jenn left and Erin’s sister’s friend showed up. The four of us headed to bed and spent about an hour catching up and chatting. Before we knew it, it was midnight and we really went to bed. Fast forward to 6:20am and our alarms were going off for the day. We all get up, got ready, and headed out the door for the MuckFest. We made a pit stop at CVS for headbands and we were off! It took about 30 minutes to get to the event and lucky us we had VIP parking. We checked in, hung out for a bit, and I kept an eye out for my mom who was coming to cheer us on. My mom arrived right before we headed off to the start so I showed her where the other people watching were. Unfortunately most of the course was in the woods in an area where there weren’t people watching, but the first and last couple of obstacles were near the spectators.

















 The first couple of obstacles were completely muddy, but as we made our way into the woods they became less and less muddy. We started by climbing up hills and sliding down into mud pits, then we had to dump over ropes, trek through muddy water, jump off a platform into some water, climb some ropes, do a zip line, swing into the water, swing above some water, jump into an airbag, crawl through the mud, pull ourselves backwards through the mud, and so many more. Oh and we actually had to run as well. It was very interesting and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. Our team, I love my mudder, ended up raising close to $2,500. Erin’s family hosted a BBQ for everyone and it was nice to hang out with a lot of people from the team. I was lucky enough to even have my mom there for a bit which was so nice! She came down to watch the race and trade cars with me. After everyone left for the night, Erin, her sister, and I headed up to their room to watch a movie. Within half an hour, Faith and I were passed out. Hey I can’t help it, I like to sleep.

Sunday Erin and I woke up early to head to the REI garage sale in hopes of finding something nice. I didn’t find anything I needed or wanted, but Erin made out like a bandit. After the sale we picked up Faith and headed to the diner. Oh man do I love breakfast and diners. I got the breakfast quesadillas and they did not disappoint. After we arrived back to their house I decided to hit the road to avoid as much traffic as possible. It took me a little over four hours to get home, which was a little longer than usual. Unfortunately as soon as I hit Delaware I got stuck in a ton of traffic basically until I got back to Baltimore. It was a long day, but I made it! I had such a great time this past weekend and can’t wait until I see Erin again!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s