I am one of the lucky who gets to go to a school where we actually have Easter break. So on Wednesday of last week I packed up the car and made the drive back to NH. It was a loooong drive, but I made it! Just in time to get back in the car and head out to dinner with my parents and my mom’s co-workers.
- I slept in for a little bit before getting up and eating some breakfast. Around 2pm my mom and I took my car to get inspected while we headed to the dentist. I had an appointment to get a wisdom tooth out. My dentist joked when I walked in the door that my appointment was actually the next day (they weren’t even open on Friday). I was nervous, but told that the hardest part was going to the Novocaine. Ahh Novocaine, I’ve had Novocaine multiple times so I wasn’t worried about that. I could not feel a thing when my dentist was pulling the tooth out. It was over within five minutes, and by 3:30pm we were headed back out the door!
- My mom and I had plans to head to a real running store!! First on the agenda was stopping at my brother’s school to see his science fair. After wandering around for a solid 30 minutes my dad and I found a corner to hide in and talk about how bored we were.
- First stop after the science fair was the running store. I wanted to get new sneakers to train and run my first half marathon in and I knew I needed real help. They watched me walk and then had me step on a machine to tell me how my feet were. I have a high arch on my right foot, a normal arch on my left foot. Front pressure in my right foot and heel pressure on my left foot. I ended up getting a pair of Brooks Adrenaline and can’t wait to start running in them.
- After the running store, I needed to get a link taken out of my watch so we headed to Jareds. $6 later and we were both hungry for lunch. Not knowing exactly what I would be able to eat that wouldn’t hurt we headed to Cracker Barrel where I prayed I would find something. I ended up getting pancakes and it was perfect, soft enough to not bother me. A short trip to target later and I was $20 poorer, but had in hand two hysterical movies. Last stop was a trip to Super Cuts to get a hair cut. I am growing my hair out for the time being, but needed a trim desperately.
- Friday was one of my brother’s birthdays so when he got home from school we had pizza before heading to mass for Good Friday. After he complained the entire time we went home for cake! He didn’t want anyone to sing to him so I signed Happy Birthday!!!
- Saturday I had plans to meet Jess for a day of skiing. I had originally planned to get up early to run, but decided sleep was more important. I had planned to ski the whole day, but I get bored easy. After two hours of skiing I was ready to go home and it was a fantastic visit with Jess.
- Back at home we spent the afternoon watching the above mentioned movies before heading out for Thomas’ birthday dinner request. Five Guys. THANK THE LORD my mouth was healed enough to eat a burger!! By the time we got home I was more than ready to head to bed because we had an early wake up call for sunrise mass.
- My alarm went off at 5:20 and I got ready for our sunrise service. The service was on top of the ski mountain and I was excited to get going. By 5:45 we were in the car and on our way. It was chilly, but a nice way to celebrate Easter.
- Once we got home I was ready for a nap before an early dinner. I had plans to head back to CT later that night so dinner was eaten around 3pm. By 5pm I was back on the road.
- I made it to CT around 9pm, visited with my Grandmother for about an hour before we both called it a night.
- At 7am I woke up ready to drive the rest of the way to Baltimore. I sat in traffic for at least an hour on the Merritt Turnpike, but after that it was smooth sailing. I made it back to school around 2pm and spent the rest of the day being lazy.