Travel Days are the Worst Days

We woke up bright and early the last Sunday of our cruise. We were in the second wave of people to get off the boat so we needed to eat breakfast quick. When we got to our bags mine was missing, go figure. The Carnival people kept trying to tell me I didn’t put a tag on my bag or it was there. No it was not. Then about 10 minutes later after searching for my bag they finally rolled it in on another cart. Time to get in line. We waited in line for ehh fifteen minutes before we finally got to the front, handed in our customs forms and made our way to the transport shuttle. A short and informative shuttle ride back we made it to the airport. I turned my phone on and was surprised by some text messages I had received. After having a mild panic attack and getting things straightened out I was making my way through security. Who by the way was no the kindest people in the world. We were a couple of hours early for our flight so we sat around talking about the cruise while discussing what we all had to do the next week. Lucky for us it was also Mary’s birthday so we tried to enjoy our travel time as much as possible. Maggie was a great friend and bought Mary a coke for her birthday (she is obsessed and didn’t have any while we were on the cruise). I went to get Starbucks and they made my order wrong so Mary also got a free hazelnut macchiato.


After some cartwheels in the airport we were getting ready to board our plane! I tried to sleep as much as possible, but it felt like the longest flight of my life. A half hour late we landed and headed to baggage claim. Some old guy was rude to us and then we got our bags. Mary’s roommates had planned to get us all dinner at a local Mexican place so we could all celebrate her birthday a little longer. We were almost back to school and I got a text message from one of her roommates asking us to drive slow they weren’t ready. Knowing we were all exhausted already I racked my brain for ways to stall. Instead of being dropped off and then walking over to her house I asked them to wait so I could get back in the car. I knew Mary would be pissed, but I started to unpack and had a conversation with someone. After about 10 minutes I knew I couldn’t hold her off anymore and headed out to the car. We dropped off Jenn and I texted Maggie to take her time when she dropped her stuff off we still needed to stall. FINALLY we were able to come back. A cranky Mary (who I don’t blame at all) was more than ready to get back home. Lucky for us she waited in the car while Maggie, Jenn, and I hurried in the house. Her roommates had made a surprise cake and decorated the whole house. When she walked in the door was all yelled surprise and she loved it. Her roommates made her a cute dessert that was “paradise” themed because we had just left paradise. After dinner, dessert, and a drink I was more than ready to head home and pass out. Unpacking did not happen…for a week. I’m glad I could share my cruise experience and can’t wait to go on another one!!!

IMG_0856 IMG_0857 IMG_0858 IMG_0862 IMG_0863 IMG_0864 IMG_0865 IMG_0866 IMG_0867


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s