two week hiatus

Well after a two week hiatus I am back! Things are picking back up here at school with round two of midterms, but I am going to attempt to post at least once a week for the next two weeks. Easter is also coming up so that may throw a loop in there. Let’s rewind. When I left you all on March 1st, I was getting ready to leave for my first cruise that Sunday. Let me just say it was amazing! I had so much fun and couldn’t have asked for a better group to go with. Saturday was our day to do all the last minute things. We went to target, dsw, walmart, and got a pedicure. Sunday started bright and early at 4:30am. We left school by 4:45am and were at the airport before 5:30am. By the time we made it through security we made a stop at Starbucks and DDs. I always make sure to get DDs in the airport because the one near school is sketchy so I never go. And I love Dunks.

IMG_0777 IMG_0779

Our flight was at 7am and we were lucky enough to be four across in a row. After a very quick layover in Fort Lauderdale we were on our way to Puerto Rico! I was getting really excited that this trip was finally happening. It felt like so long ago that we had booked our trip and now here it finally was. After a realization that we hadn’t printed out any of our cruise documents and a slight panic attack we were fine and figured we would just go with the flow and see what happens. They were able to find out names on the manifest and we made it onto the shuttle from the airport in San Juan to the cruise port. We then sat on the bus in traffic for at least an hour. Not the way any of us pictured the start to our vacation. We could see the ship, but were still to far away. After sending some text messages telling people that I had arrived I turned off my phone for the remainder of my trip. It felt SO nice to unplug and just relax. We finally made it to the ship and found our room. Our room was a lot bigger than we expected and we had plenty of room for the four of us. On the plane we had all decided that instead of spending $100 dollars on an excursion we would instead use that money to get massages. I was very happy because I had never had one before so I thought it would be a nice treat. We scheduled them for our day at sea so we wouldn’t miss out on being at all our island stops.


We wandered around the ship for a while exploring all that it had to offer. After stopping to eat some food at one of the many buffets we returned to our room to hangout. Dinner that night was seating at anytime so when we finally got hungry we made our way to the dining room and waited less than five minutes to be seated. Every night for dinner there was a new menu, one side would be stuff offered every night and the other side was what would be offered only that night. I tried a lot of food and definitely ate well. I am still tapering off the all you can eat aspect. After dinner we went back to our room and proceeded to pass out (which became a trend) after a long day of traveling.

I will be back later with our first day on the cruise..St. Thomas!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s