Oh What a Weekend

Well this weekend took a slight turn. Originally Friday I was going to pick up my brothers from the airport, and then pick up my cousin before making our way to my Uncles house. Those plans changed slightly when my Uncle called me around noon and asked if I wanted to go see Bruce Springsteen in DC with him. I obviously agreed and we had to switch around the pickup plan. Since I had to go to the gate to get my brothers at the airport, my Uncle and Aunt waited in the cell phone lot for me to call when we were departing. They met us outside the arrivals area and we made the switch; the boys to my Aunt and my Uncle to me. My uncle and I then hopped in my car and drove the closest metro station to get a metro into the city. We knew parking would be expensive in the city and we didn’t want to get stuck in traffic.

My Uncle had general admission field tickets which meant we got to stand on the field extremely close to the stage. Because of our last-minute switch up we didn’t get to the stadium in time to get bracelets for the pit, but we were okay with that. After standing around for what felt like hours they finally let us in at least 30 minutes late. Our first stop were beverages and food because we were both starving. I demolished my hot dog in less than a minutes I was so hungry. We found make shift seats towards the back of the general admission area and decided it would be best to sit for as long as possible before the show started and then make our way closer. Even though we didn’t go directly to the front we still had great standing spots and towards the end even got to move a little closer.

I am ashamed to say I didn’t know a lot of the songs he sang, clearly I need to listen to more of his music. But the songs I did not I was glad to belt out off tune. Bruce was an amazing concert and I am so happy I got the opportunity to go. The concert started late and got over right before midnight. Making our way to the metro was easy and we made it on the first metro leaving towards the direction we wanted. After two transfers (b.c of train service) we finally made it back to the car around 1:30. A very long 45 minute drive and we made it home. I directly went to bed because I knew we had an early morning ahead of us (to be continued).


3 thoughts on “Oh What a Weekend

  1. Hi Katherine, firrst, do you see my posts? I don’t know if I’m doing them right. If you do, could you let me know? Thanks. In case you do, here is my comment – WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo jealous!!!!

  2. Pingback: October | the kats meow

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s