More bang for my buck

Sunday morning we all hit snooze many times, we wanted to leave the hostel by 9 am and didn’t end up getting out of bed until 8:50 so that was not happening. We didn’t have much planned for Sunday other than souvenir shopping and sight-seeing around the most famous street in Barcelona, La Rambla.

Since there was a Dunkin Donuts in Barcelona and I am addicted I hadn’t been there in two months I figured I would treat myself to a coffee. I also got a chocolate croissant and it was delicious. Erin and I took this time to split away from the group and just hang out together. Being with 10 people is stressful, and we needed the break.

I knew I needed to get Michael something and I had planned to get him a FCB football (soccer) jersey. They are a little pricey so I was definitely going to shop around before actually purchasing one. We walked into one store and the price tag said 50 euro. There was no way I was going to pay that, sorry Michael, so we headed to the next store. Here the price said 40 euro but as I started to walk away one of the workers shouted out 27 euro. I figured this was going to be the best I could get and took his offer. The jersey I got was the newest one and it was in the official bag so hopefully its real, if it’s not I don’t care that much.

Erin and I searched the street for some cheap postcards and I ended up going a little crazy with them. After that we tried to look for something for our roommates but couldn’t find something, so we made a plan of what we would do and we are excited to go through with our plan! I can’t say much more incase they are reading. I ended up getting a couple of other people some souvys as well. Right before we were about to head back we ran into Kat and Taylor. Kat had a delicious looking drink in her hand and Erin and I decided we wanted one before we headed back.

Unfortunately this didn’t work out in our favor and we got stuck in the rain. It literally started to monsoon on us as we walked back, I didn’t get completely dry until about half way through our plane ride. After some attitude from some people about our lateness we headed for the train station. We took a train to the airport, made it through security and our passport check quickly and were right on time for our flight.

This trip made me take a look at a lot of things and I learned a lot about the people I spend my time with. Some for the good and some for the bad, but things happen and I don’t care, I am glad I realized this now rather than down the line. Word to the wise, don’t travel in big groups and if you do, split up ASAP. Post full of pictures coming soon!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s